The Mind Control Cover-up 10-Page Summary
The Secrets of Mind Control
Based on Three Books by Top Mind Control Researchers
This summary is based on three landmark books: Bluebird by Colin A. Ross MD, a leading Canadian psychiatrist; Mind Controllers by Dr. Armen Victorian; and A Nation Betrayed by recovered mind control victim Carol Rutz. All three authors provide hundreds of footnotes to support their research. We’ve included footnotes here as well. A significant amount of their work is based on 18,000 pages of declassified CIA documents on mind control. You can order these documents in CD format from the government by following the directions at the end of this document. Join in powerfully building a better world for all by spreading the word.
The Secret Agenda
Please note: the letters and numbers after each paragraph denote the book and page from which the information given was taken. BB stands for Bluebird ; MC for Mind Controllers; NB for A Nation Betrayed. To order these books, see our Resource List: www.WantToKnow.info/resources#mindcontrol
A declassified CIA document dated 7 January 1953 with a section heading “Outline of Special H Cases” describes the experimental creation of multiple personality in two 19-year old girls by the CIA. “H” is used as shorthand for hypnotic, hypnotized, or hypnotism in these documents: “These subjects have clearly demonstrated that they can pass from a fully awake state to a deep H controlled state by telephone, by receiving written matter, or by the use of code, signal, or words, and that control of those hypnotized can be passed from one individual to another without great difficulty. It has also been shown by experimentation with these girls that they can act as unwilling couriers for information purposes.” BB 32
After the end of World War II, German scientists were being held in a variety of detainment camps by the allies and Russians. In 1946, President Truman authorized Project Paperclip to exploit German scientists for American research, and to deny these intellectual resources to the Soviet Union. Some reports bluntly pointed out that they were “ardent Nazis.” They were considered so vital to the “Cold War” effort, that they would be brought into the US and Canada. Some of these experts were accused of participating in murderous medical experiments on human subjects at concentration camps. A 1999 report to the Senate and the House said that “between 1945 and 1955, 765 scientists, engineers, and technicians were brought to the US under Paperclip and similar programs.” BB 3, NB xi, xii
According to the Central Intelligence Agency’s Fact Book, the NSC (National Security Council) and the CIA were established under the provisions of the National Security Act of 1947. In December 1947, the NSC held its first meeting. James Forrestal, the Secretary of Defense, pushed for the CIA to begin a ‘secret war’ against the Soviets. Forrestal’s initiative led to the execution of psychological warfare operations (psy-ops) in Europe. CIA personnel were not opposed to working with Nazi doctors who had proven to be proficient in breaking the mind and rebuilding it. In some cases military bases were used to hide these covert activities. It was decided that the communist threat was an issue that took priority over constitutional rights. MC 1, 3, 7, 8, NB xvii
The concept of running a secret ‘black’ project was no longer novel. In 1941, Roosevelt had decided, without consulting Congress, that the US should proceed with the utmost secrecy to develop an atomic bomb. Secrecy shrouded the Manhattan Project (the atomic bomb program) to the extent that Vice President Harry Truman knew nothing about it. The project meant that by 1947, the US Government had already gained vast experience in the initiation of secret operations. The existence of ‘black projects’ funded by ‘black budgets’ was withheld not only from the public, but also from Congress for reasons of national security. MC 8-10
A declassified CIA document “Hypnotic Experimentation and Research, 10 February 1954” describes a simulation of relevance to the creation of unsuspecting assassins: “Miss [whited out] was instructed (having previously expressed a fear of firearms in any fashion) that she would use every method at her disposal to awaken Miss [whited out] (now in a deep hypnotic sleep). Failing this, she would pick up a pistol nearby and fire it at Miss [whited out]. She was instructed that her rage would be so great that she would not hesitate to “kill” [whited out] for failing to awaken. Miss [whited out] carried out these suggestions to the letter including firing the (unloaded) gun at [whited out] and then proceeded to fall into a deep sleep. Both were awakened and expressed complete amnesia for the entire sequence. Miss [whited out] was again handed the gun, which she refused (in an awakened state) to pick up or accept form the operator. She expressed absolute denial that the foregoing sequence had happened.” BB 36, 37
One of the main areas to be investigated by the CIA was mind control. The CIA’s human behavior control program was chiefly motivated by perceived Soviet, Chinese, and North Korean use of mind control techniques. Under the protection of ‘national security,’ many other branches of the government also took part in the study of this area. The CIA originated its first program in 1950 under the name BLUEBIRD, which in 1951, after Canada and Britain had been included, was changed to ARTICHOKE. MKULTRA officially began in 1953. Technically it was closed in 1964, but some of its programs remained active under MKSEARCH well into the 1970s. In 1973, tipped off about forthcoming investigations, CIA Director Richard Helms ordered the destruction of any MKULTRA records. MC 10, 17
Diligent use of the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) helps to cast light on the advances that have been made in controlling the way people think and act. In 1977, through an FOIA request, 16,000 pages of documents were found, held as part of the Agency’s financial history. The FOIA allows the most humble citizen to demand the disclosure of documents, although inevitably some will be heavily censored or not released at all. That is how much of this information has been pieced together. MC 5 NB, xvi, xvii
Inevitably, however, it is an incomplete picture. Most of the important details were conveniently destroyed under orders of CIA Director Helms to conceal wrongdoing. What the mind controllers were and are doing may be only hinted at in a memo footnote or in the memoirs of a retired researcher. Nevertheless, there is more than enough here to show that secret new techniques are being exploited that are no longer in the realm of science fiction. We must all be aware of this threat, so that those who wish to take liberties with democracy, and with our freedom to think, are deterred. MC 6, NB xvii For more, click here.
The CIA Mind Control Projects
Project BLUEBIRD was approved by the director of the CIA on April 20, 1950. In a 1951 memo, Bluebird states that practical research was to be conducted to include these specific problems:
· Can we create by post-H control an action contrary to an individual’s basic moral principles?
· Can we in a matter of an hour, two hours, one day, etc., induce an H [hypnotic] condition in an unwilling subject to such an extent that he will perform an act for our benefit?
· Could we seize a subject and in the space of an hour or two by post-H control have him crash an airplane, wreck a train, etc.?
· Can we by H and SI techniques force a subject to travel long distances, commit specified acts and return to us or bring documents or materials?
· Can we guarantee total amnesia under any and all conditions?
· Can we “alter” a person’s personality?
· Can we devise a system for making unwilling subjects into willing agents and then transfer that control to untrained agency agents in the field by use of codes or identifying signs?
· How can sodium A or P or any other sleep inducing agent be best concealed in a normal or commonplace item, such as candy, cigarettes, coffee, tea, beer, medicines? NB 13, 14, BB 23
Officially, MKULTRA was established on 13 April 1953, at Richard Helms’ suggestion as “ultra sensitive work.” The operational wing of MKULTRA, known as MKDELTA, had as its mission to find out how to use chemical and biological weapon ingredients to alter the human mind. Originally established as a supplementary funding mechanism to the ARTICHOKE project, MKULTRA quickly grew into a mammoth undertaking that outflanked earlier mind control initiatives. MC 69, NB 28
A memorandum from Richard Helms, Acting Deputy Director to CIA Director Allen Dulles dated 3 April 1953 and entitled “Two Extremely Sensitive Research Programs” (MKULTRA and MKDELTA) includes the statement, “Even internally in CIA, as few individuals as possible should be aware of our interest in these fields and of the identity of those who are working for us. At present this results in ridiculous contracts which do not spell out the scope or intent of the work.” BB 125
The memorandum below was written 10 years later to Helms, who by then had become CIA Director.
26 July 1963, MEMORANDUM FOR: Director of Central Intelligence
SUBJECT: Report of Inspection, MKULTRA
It was deemed advisable to prepare the report of the MKULTRA program in one copy only, in view of its unusual sensitivity. Normal procedures for project approval, funding, and accounting were waived. The program requires the services of highly specialized authorities in many fields of natural science. The concepts involved in manipulating human behavior are found by many people both within and outside the Agency to be distasteful and unethical. Nevertheless, there have been major accomplishments both in research and operational employment.
Over the ten-year life of the program many additional avenues to the control of human behavior have been designated under the MKULTRA charter, including radiation, electro-shock, harassment substances, and paramilitary devices. Some MKULTRA activities raise questions of legality implicit in the original charter. A final phase of the testing of MKULTRA products places the rights and interests of US citizens in jeopardy. Public disclosure of some aspects of MKULTRA activity could induce serious adverse reaction in US public opinion.
TSD [Technical Services Division of CIA] initiated a program for covert testing of materials on unwitting US citizens in 1955. TSD has pursued a philosophy of minimum documentation in keeping with the high sensitivity of some of the projects. Some files contained little or no data at all. There are just two individuals in TSD who have full substantive knowledge of the program and most of that knowledge is unrecorded. In protecting the sensitive nature of the American intelligence capability to manipulate human behavior, they apply “need to know” doctrine to their professional associates to a maximum degree.
J.S. Earman, Inspector General NB 108-113
The Senate Intelligence Committee did find some records during its investigation in 1976. However it noted that the practice of MKULTRA was “to maintain no records of the planning and approval of test programs.” Miles Copeland, a former CIA officer, said, “The congressional sub-committee which went into this got only the barest glimpse.” Senator Frank Church, who led the congressional investigations of the CIA’s unlawful actions, said that the agency was “a rogue elephant” operating above the law as it plotted assassinations, illegally spied on thousands of Americans, and even drugged our own citizens in its effort to develop new weapons for its covert arsenal.” MC 13, 18, NB 38
The focal point of MKULTRA was the use of humans as unwitting subjects [without their knowledge or consent]. The CIA sponsored numerous experiments of this kind. Regardless of a report by the CIA’s Inspector General in 1963 recommending the termination of testing on unwitting subjects, future CIA Director Richard Helms continued to advocate covert testing on the grounds that “we are less capable of staying up with the Soviet advances in this field.” On the subject of moral issues, Helms commented, “we have no answer to the moral issue.” MC 18 For more, click here.
The Experience of CIA Mind Control Victim Carol Rutz
The CIA bought my services from my grandfather in 1952 starting at the tender age of four. Over the next 12 years, I was tested, trained, and used in various ways. Electroshock, drugs, hypnosis, sensory deprivation, and other types of trauma were used to make me compliant and split my personality [create multiple personalities for specific tasks]. Each alter or personality was created to respond to a post-hypnotic trigger, then perform an act and not remember it later. This “Manchurian Candidate” program was just one of the operational uses of the mind control scenario by the CIA. Your hard-earned tax dollars supported this.
As a survivor of CIA programs Bluebird/Artichoke and MKULTRA, I began my intense search to document some of the mind control experiments that I was made part of. Through a series of FOIA requests to various departments of the government, 48 years after I was first experimented on, I found solid proof of my memories—proof that was in the government vaults of the nearly 18,000 pages of declassified documents from the Bluebird/Artichoke and MKULTRA programs.
One of the declassified documents states, “Learning studies will be instituted in which the subject will be rewarded or punished for overall performance and reinforced in various ways—with electric shock, etc. In other cases, drugs and psychological tricks will be used to modify attitudes. The experimenters will be particularly interested in dissociative states [multiple personality]. An attempt will be made to induce a number of states of this kind, using hypnosis.” The government had finally handed me the validation I had been searching for. NB xvii, xviii
The basic premise of the book The Manchurian Candidate is that a group of American POWs in the Korean War is brainwashed while crossing through Manchuria to freedom. They arrive back in the US amnesic for the period of brainwashing. One of them is programmed to be an assassin. His target is a candidate for president of the US. His handlers control him with a hypnotically implanted trigger. BB 23
In an experiment described in a document entitled “SI and H experimentation (25 September 1951),” two female subjects took part in an exercise involving the planting of a bomb. Both subjects performed perfectly and were fully amnesic for the exercise: “[Whited out] was instructed that upon awakening, she would proceed to [whited out] room where she would wait at the desk for a telephone call. Upon receiving the call, a person known as “Jim” would engage her in normal conversation. During the course of the conversation, this individual would mention a code word. When she heard this code word, she would pass into a SI trance state, but would not close her eyes and remain perfectly normal and continue the telephone conversation.
She was told that upon conclusion of the telephone conversation, she would carry out instructions: [Whited out] was shown an electric timing device. She was informed that this device was a bomb, and was then instructed how to attach and set the device. After [whited out] learned how to set and attach the device, she was told to take the timing device which was in a briefcase, and proceed to the ladies room. In the ladies room, she would be met by a girl whom she had never seen who would identify herself by the code word “New York.” [whited out] was then to show this individual how to attach and set the timing device and further instructions would be given that the timing device was to be carried in the briefcase to [whited out] room, placed in the nearest empty electric-light plug and concealed in the bottom, left-hand drawer of [whited out] desk, with the device set for 82 seconds and turned on.” BB 37, 38
The Mind Control Doctors
In the second half of the 20th century, mind control projects resulted in extensive political abuse of psychiatry in North America. Many thousands of prisoners and mental patients were subjected to unethical mind control experiments by leading psychiatrists and medical schools. Organized academic psychiatry has never acknowledged this history. The network of mind control doctors involved has done a great deal of harm to the field of psychiatry and to psychiatric patients. BB, pg. K
The work of the mind control doctors did not occur in a vacuum. The importation of Nazi doctors to the US through secret programs like PAPERCLIP is part of the context. Mind control experimentation was not only tolerated by medical professionals, but published in psychiatric and medical journals. The climate was permissive, supportive, and approving of mind control experimentation. BB 1
Dr. William Sweet participated in both brain electrode implant experiments and the injection of uranium into medical patients at Harvard University. The 925-page Final Report. Advisory Committee on Human Radiation Experiments tells the story of the radiation experiments, and their linkage to mind control. BB 1
Martin Orne is one of the leading experts on hypnosis of the 20th century. For about 30 years, he was the editor of The International Journal of Clinical and Experimental Hypnosis. Dr. Orne is one of two psychiatrists professionally still active into the late 1990’s who is a documented CIA mind control contractor (along with Dr. Louis Jolyon West). BB 121, 124
P. Janet asked a “deeply hypnotized female to commit several murders before a distinguished group of judges, stabbing some victims with rubber daggers and poisoning others with sugar tablets.” The hypnotized subject did all these things without hesitation. MC 160
Army doctors were actively involved in LSD testing at least until the late 1970’s. Subjects of LSD experiments included children as young as five years old, and brain electrodes were implanted in children as young as 11 years of age. Four of the CIA’s MKULTRA Subprojects were on children. The mind control doctors included presidents of the American Psychiatric Association and psychiatrists who received full-page obituaries in the American Journal of Psychiatry. Responsibility for the unethical experimentation lies first with the individual doctors, but also collectively with the medical profession, and with academia as a whole. BB 21
The MKULTRA contractor about whom the most has been written is Dr. Ewen Cameron. At various times, Dr. Cameron was President of the American, Canadian, and World Psychiatric Associations. He was one of four co-founders of the World Psychiatric Association. Dr. Cameron began conducting unethical, unscientific, and inhumane brainwashing experiments in the 1930’s. Schizophrenic patients were forced to lie naked in red light for eight hours a day for periods as long as eight months. Another experiment involved overheating patients in an electric cage until their body temperatures reached 102 degrees. BB 125-128
From January 1957 until September 1960, Dr. Cameron’s project received $64,242.44 in CIA funds. When the CIA stopped funding him, Cameron received $57,750 from the Canadian government to continue his research from 1961 to 1964. The actual number of patients on whom Cameron tried varieties of his experimental techniques is reported as 332. NB 52, 53
Linda MacDonald was a victim of Dr. Ewen Cameron’s unethical, destructive mind control experiments in 1963. Dr. Cameron used a “treatment” which involved intensive application of three brainwashing techniques; drug disinhibition, prolonged sleep, and prolonged psychological isolation. These were combined with ECT [Electro Convulsive Therapy] treatments. The amount of electricity introduced into Linda’s brain exceeded by 76.5 times the maximum amount recommended in the ECT Guidelines of the American Psychiatric Association. Dr. Cameron’s “depattering” technique resulted in permanent and complete amnesia. Dr. Cameron proved that doctors skilled in the right procedures can erase a subject’s memory. To this day, Linda MacDonald is unable to remember anything from her birth to 1963. As recorded by nurses in her chart, Linda was completely disoriented. She didn’t know her name, age or where she was. She didn’t recognize her children. She couldn’t read, drive, cook, or use a toilet. Not only did she not know her husband, she didn’t even know what a husband was. BB 181-183
Life changed for Linda when the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation program, The Fifth Estate, aired a segment on Dr. Cameron on January 17, 1984. A Vancouver newspaper ran a full-page story on Robert Loggie, a Vancouver man who had been experimented on by Dr. Cameron. Loggie was a plaintiff in the class action suit against the CIA for Dr. Cameron’s MKULTRA experiments, which was settled out of court for $750,000, divided among the eight plaintiffs in 1988. Eventually Linda got $100,000 plus legal fees from the Canadian government. BB 187, 188
J.G. Watkins “induced a soldier to strike an officer by suggesting that the officer was a Japanese soldier.” In another experiment, two subjects who were told to throw sulphuric acid at a laboratory assistant (protected by glass) complied with the hypnotist’s commands. MC 158
G.H. Estabrooks is the only mind control doctor who has publicly acknowledged the building of Manchurian Candidates. In his book Spiritism, Dr. Estabrooks describes experiments done to create multiple personality. In his book Hypnotism, Dr. Estabrooks states that the creation of experimental multiple personality for operational use in military subjects, whom he refers to as super spies, is ethical because of the demands of war. BB 159, 162
In a 1971 article in Science Digest, Dr. Estabrooks claimed to have created hypnotic couriers and counterintelligence agents for operational use. “By the 1920’s not only had [clinical hypnotists] learned to apply posthypnotic suggestion, but also to split certain complex individuals into multiple personalities like Jeckyl-Hydes. During World War II, I worked this technique with a vulnerable Marine lieutenant I’ll call Jones. I split his personality into Jones A and Jones B. Jones A, once a ‘normal’ working Marine, became entirely different. He talked communist doctrine and meant it. He was welcomed enthusiastically by communist cells, and was deliberately given a dishonorable discharge by the Corps and became a card-carrying party member. Jones B was the deeper personality, knew all the thoughts of Jones A, was a loyal American and was ‘imprinted’ to say nothing during conscious phases. All I had to do was hypnotize the whole man, get in touch with Jones B, the loyal American, and I had a pipeline straight into the Communist camp. It worked beautifully.” BB 167-169
Dr. Estabrooks did experiments on children. He corresponded with FBI Director J. Edgar Hoover about using hypnosis to interrogate juvenile delinquents. His experimentation raises the possibility that he or other investigators might have attempted to create Manchurian Candidates in children. Such a possibility might seem far-fetched until one considers the LSD, biological and radiation experiments conducted on children, and the fact that four MKULTRA Subprojects were on children. The deliberate creation of multiple personality in children is an explicitly stated plan in the MKULTRA Subproject Proposal submitted for funding on May 30, 1961. BB 61, 176, 177 For more, click here and here.
From 1950 until the 1970s, the CIA collaborated closely with the US Army while conducting LSD and other chemical tests on humans. Experiments were conducted where none of the volunteers gave their ‘informed consent’ prior to receiving LSD. There was a deliberate attempt to deny the volunteers any information that would have permitted them to evaluate the dangers involved. Most of the related records have been destroyed. MC 20, 21, 29, 32
A field test plan called for use of LSD on foreign nationals overseas. The Surgeon General “offered no medical objections to the field experimental plan.” Subjects for the proposed field test were to be non-volunteer, foreign nationals. It is clear that from the start to finish the project violated Department of Defense policies, as well as specific procedures set for chemical or medical research. MC 33-36
Frank Olson was a biological warfare expert who committed suicide after being given LSD hidden in liqueur by Dr. Sidney Gottlieb, Director of MKULTRA. Olson’s family determined that he committed suicide subsequent to a bad LSD trip only after reading Nelson Rockefeller’s 1975 report on the CIA, published 22 years after Olsen’s death. They were given $750,000 in compensation by Congress. BB 49
Jose Delgado’s development of the Stimoceiver in the 1950s brought intelligence agencies’ ultimate dream of controlling human behavior one step closer to reality. The Stimoceiver—a miniature electrode capable of receiving and transmitting electronic signals by FM radio—could be placed within an individual’s cranium. And once in place, an outside operator could manipulate the subject’s responses. Delgado demonstrated the potential of his Stimoceivers by wiring a fully-grown bull. With the device in place, Delgado stepped into the ring with the bull. The animal charged towards the experimenter – and then suddenly stopped, just before it reached him. The powerful beast had been stopped with the simple action of pushing a button on a small box held in Delgado’s hand. MC 147
Dr. Delgado, a neurosurgeon and professor at Yale, received funding for brain electrode research on children and adults. He did research in monkeys and cats, and in one paper describes the cats as “mechanical toys.” He was able to control the movements of his animal and human subjects by pushing buttons on a remote transmitter box. In 1966, Delgado asserted that his experiments “support the distasteful conclusion that motion, emotion and behavior can be directed by electrical forces, and that humans can be controlled like robots by push buttons.” BB 88, 89, MC 147
An 11-year old boy underwent a partial change of identity upon remote stimulation of his brain electrode: “Electrical stimulation of the superior temporal convolution induced confusion about his sexual identity. These effects were specific, reliable, and statistically significant. For example, the patient said, “I was thinking whether I was a boy or a girl,” and “I’d like to be a girl.” After one of the stimulations the patient suddenly began to discuss his desire to marry the male interviewer. Temporal-lobe stimulation produced in another patient open manifestations and declarations of pleasure, accompanied by giggles and joking with the therapist. In two adult female patients stimulation of the same region was followed by discussion of marriage and expression of a wish to marry the therapist. BB 88, 89
Brain electrode research was also conducted independently at Harvard by Dr. Delgado’s coauthors, Drs. Vernon Mark, Frank Ervin, and William Sweet. Mark and Ervin describe implanting brain electrodes in a large number of patients at Harvard hospitals. A patient named Jennie was 14 years old when they put electrodes in her brain. In their book Violence and the Brain, photographs show 18-year old Julia smiling, angry, or pounding the wall depending on which button is being pushed on the transmitter box sending signals to her brain electrodes. The mind control doctors saw their patients as biological machines, a view which made them sub-human, and therefore easier to abuse in mind control experiments. BB 88-91
Dr. Robert G. Heath, Chairman of the Department of Psychiatry and Neurology at Tulane University, placed brain electrodes in a young homosexual man and fitted him with a box. A button on the box could be used to electrically stimulate an electrode implanted in a pleasure center. During one three-our period, the patient, referred to as B-19, stimulated himself 1,500 times. “During these sessions, B-19 stimulated himself to a point that he was experiencing an almost overwhelming euphoria and elation, and had to be disconnected, despite his vigorous protests. BB 94
Dr. John Lilly describes the technique of electrode implantation. “Electrodes could be implanted in the brain without using anesthesia. Short lengths of hypodermic needle tubing equal in length to the thickness of the skull were quickly pounded through the scalp into the skull. These stainless steel guides furnished passageways for the insertion of electrodes into the brain to any desired distance and at any desired location. Because of the small size of the sleeve guides, the scalp quickly recovered from the small hole made in it, and the sleeve guide remained imbedded in the bone for months to years. At any time he desired, the investigator could palpate [rub] the scalp and find the location of each of the sleeve guides. Once one was found, he inserted a needle down through the bone. After withdrawing the needle, the investigator placed a small sharp electrode in the track made by the needle and pressed the electrode through the skull and down into the substance of the brain to any desired depth.” NB 62 For more, click here and here.
Non-lethal weapons is a broad category which includes devices for beaming various kinds of energy at human targets in order to temporarily incapacitate them, or to control or affect their behavior. Non-lethal weapons research has been conducted at universities on contract to the CIA, and has overlapped with research on hallucinogens and brain electrode implants. BB 103
In 1991, Janet Morris, one of the main proponents of non-lethal weapons, issued a number of papers. According one paper, US Special Operations Command already had a portable microwave weapon. “US Special Forces can cook internal organs.” Another concept was ‘Infrasound’ using acoustic beams. Laboratories were developing a high power, very low frequency acoustic beam weapon projecting non-penetrating acoustic bullets. Already, some governments have used infrasound as a means of crowd control. Very low frequency (VLF) sound, or low frequency RF modulations can cause nausea, vomiting and abdominal pains. “Some very low frequency sound generators can cause the disruption of human organs and, at high power levels, can crumble masonry.” MC 176-179
Funding of these experiments began in MKULTRA. Subproject 62 documents “certain kinds of radio frequency energy have been found to effect reversible neurological changes in chimpanzees.” Subproject 54 was studying how to produce concussions from a distance using mechanical blast waves propagated through the air. Such a concussion “is always followed by amnesia for the actual moment of the accident.” It also states: “The blast duration would be in the order of a tenth of a second. Masking of a noise of this duration should not be difficult. It would be advantageous to establish the effectiveness of both of the above methods as a tool in brain-wash therapy.” BB 103-105
A confidential report prepared by the US Army as early as 1969 detailed the effect an infra-sonic system would have on humans. These effects range from disruption of nervous systems to death. MC 199, 200
That such weapons have been used can be in little doubt. When the deployment of Cruise missiles at American bases in the UK was at its height, women peace campaigners staged a series of highly publicized peaceful protests outside the perimeter wires. In late 1985, the women in the peace camps at Greenham Common began to experience unusual patterns of illness, ranging from severe headaches, drowsiness, menstrual bleeding at abnormal times or after the onset of menopause, to bouts of temporary paralysis and faulty speech coordination. Electronics Today magazine carried out a number of measurements, and in December 1985 published their report which concluded: “Readings taken with a wide range of signal strength meters showed marked increases in the background signal level near one of the women’s camps at a time when they claimed to be experiencing ill effects.” They noted that if the women created noise or a disturbance near the fence, the signals rose sharply. MC 201
The evidence in hand suggests that the technology to produce ‘voices in the head’ does exist. The Department of Defense has already acquired the technology to alter consciousness through various projects and programs. A patent discusses methods and system for altering consciousness. The abstract from once such program states: “Researchers have devised a variety of systems for stimulating the brain to exhibit specific brain wave rhythms and thereby alter the state of consciousness of the individual subject.” Silent subliminal messages [were] “used throughout Operation Desert Storm (Iraq) quite successfully.” MC 203, 204
A US State Department report suggested it was possible to induce a heart attack in a person from a distance with radar. MC 172
By 1974, Stanford Research Institute had developed a computer system capable of reading a person’s mind by correlating the brain waves of subjects on an electroencephalograph with specific commands. The concept of mind-reading computers is no longer science fiction. Neither is their use by Big Brotherly governments. Major Edward Dames of Psi-Tech said in April 1995 on NBC’s The Other Side program: “The US government has an electronic device which could implant thoughts in people.” Dames would not comment any further. MC 172
The latest development in the technology of induced fear and mind control is the cloning of the human EEG or brain waves of any targeted victim, or indeed groups. With the use of powerful computers, segments of human emotions which include anger, anxiety, sadness, fear, embarrassment, jealousy, resentment, shame, and terror, have been identified and isolated within the EEG signals as ‘emotion signature clusters.’ Their relevant frequencies and amplitudes have been measured. Then the very frequency/amplitude cluster is synthesized and stored on another computer. Each one of these negative emotions is separately tagged. They are then placed on the Silent Sound carrier frequencies and could silently trigger the occurrence of the same basic emotion in another human being. MC 205
The entire non-lethal weapon concept is literally a Pandora’s Box of unknown consequences. MC 179 For more, click here and here.
How to Order Government Mind Control Records of MKULTRA and Bluebird/Artichoke
To order individual documents, go to www.foia.cia.gov/foia_request.asp. There is no charge for the first 100 pages. To order the three CD set of declassified CIA mind control documents, send a check for $30 made payable to the United States Treasurer. Send the check and a copy of the form below to the address given:
Central Intelligence Agency
FOIA and Privacy Act Coordinator
Washington, DC 20505
Re: Freedom of Information Act and Privacy Act Request
This letter constitutes my formal request for information pursuant to the provisions of the Freedom of Information and Privacy Acts, 5 USC552. I am requesting the three-volume CD set that includes the more than 18,000 pages of MKULTRA and Bluebird/Artichoke records, and a copy of the shareware viewer. Enclosed is a check for $30 made payable to the United States Treasurer.
Note: For free, unlimited access to these very documents on an excellent Internet website, go to the Black Vault Government Archive at http://www.bvalphaserver.com/contentid-21.html.
To order the three books quoted in this summary, see the mind control section of our Resource List. For fascinating ten-page summaries of each book, go to www.WantToKnow.info/resources#summaries. We share this information as an invitation to work together for a better world. Please join us in spreading the word, so that we can create a critical mass of people who demand that all of these activities be brought back under Congressional control.
·  CIA MORI ID 190684, pp. 1, 4. This is a declassified CIA document. To verify this statement, use FOIA (Freedom of Information Act) request as listed at the end of the 10-page summary. You should receive the CDs within a month of your request. Look up the MORI ID number listed.
·  Hunt, L. Secret Agenda. The United States Government, Nazi Scientists, and Project Paperclip, 1945 to 1990. New York: St. Martin’s Press.
·  Simpson, C. Blowback. The First Full Account of America’s Recruitment of Nazis, and the Disastrous Effect on Our Domestic and Foreign Policy. New York: Weidenfeld and Nicolson, 1988.
·  Simpson, C. The Splendid Blonde Beast. Money, Law, and Genocide in the Twentieth Century. New York: Grove Press, 1993.
·  Interagency Working Group appointed to inform the appropriate committees of the US Senate and House of the activities of the Nazi War Criminal Records.
·  Available at http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/index.html.
·  Vannevar Bush’s memorandum to James Conant, Bush-Conant files, Office of Scientific Research and Development, S-1, Record Group 227, National Archives.
·  CIA MORI ID 190691, p. 1 This is a declassified CIA document. To verify this statement, use FOIA request as listed at the end of the 10-page summary. You should receive the CDs within a month of your request. Look up the MORI ID number listed.
·  CIA MORI ID 17748, p. 30. This is a declassified CIA document. To verify this statement, use FOIA request as listed at the end of the 10-page summary. You should receive the CDs within a month of your request. Look up the MORI ID number listed.
·  Sidney Gottlieb’s deputy and the Chief of the CIA Records Center tried unsuccessfully to stop the destruction by Helms and Gottlieb.
·  CIA MORI ID 140401, p. 6, 7. This is a declassified CIA document. To order this document go to http://www.foia.cia.gov/foia_request.asp, and follow the instructions. This document is not included in the mind control CDs.
·  CIA MORI ID 144700, 4/26/52, p. 3: “Drugs—Sodium Pentathol, sodium amytal, and barbiturates in general. Evaluation: These techniques have been proven to be effective and they involve little risk to the subject if administered under competent medical direction.” CIA MORI ID 140394, pp. 2, 3, dated 2/25/52: “Q: Have you ever had any experience with drugs? A: Yes, many times. I worked with doctors using sodium amytal and pentathol and have obtained hypnotic control after the drugs were used. In fact, many times the drugs were used for the purpose of obtaining hypnotic control.” These are declassified CIA documents. To verify this statement, use FOIA request as listed at the end of the 10-page summary. You should receive the CDs within a month of your request. Look up the MORI ID number listed. ID 140394 may not be included in the CDs, in which case you can order it separately.
·  Memorandum from ADDP Helms to DCI Dulles, dated 3 April 1953, Tab A, pp. 1-2 (P. 30 on CDs), CIA MORI ID 17748. This is a declassified CIA document. To verify this statement, use FOIA request as listed at the end of the 10-page summary. You should receive the CDs within a month of your request. Look up the MORI ID number listed.
·  CIA MORI ID 17748, p. 30. Quote on p. 33. This is a declassified CIA document. To verify this statement, use FOIA request as listed at the end of the 10-page summary. You should receive the CDs within a month of your request. Look up the MORI ID number listed.
·  CIA MORI ID 17748, pp. 2, 4, 6-9. This is a declassified CIA document. To verify this statement, use FOIA request as listed at the end of the 10-page summary. You should receive the CDs within a month of your request. Look up the MORI ID number listed.
·  Final Report. Book 1, Foreign and Military Intelligence. Senate Select Committee to Study Government Operations with Respect to Intelligence Activities, 94th Congress, 2nd Session, 26 April 1976, Special Report No. 94-755 (Better known as the Church Committee Report). Also see Book 1, p. 406.
·  Eringer, Robert. Secret Agent Man. Rolling Stone, 1985
·  Final Report. Book 1, Foreign and Military Intelligence. Senate Select Committee to Study Government Operations with Respect to Intelligence Activities, 94th Congress, 2nd Session, 26 April 1976, Special Report No. 94-755 (Better known as the Church Committee Report).
·  For a 10-page summary of Ms. Rutz’ riveting story which includes revealing testimony from other mind control victims, see www.WantToKnow.info/nationbetrayed10pg. She backs up her experience with declassified CIA documents proving the existence of the programs she describes.
·  Project Bluebird/Artichoke’s primary purpose was the study of special interrogation techniques—primarily hypnosis, truth serums and brainwashing. See CIA-1978-S421-1 Project MKULTRA, The CIA’s Program of Research in Behavioral Modification, Appendix A, pg 66, Joint Hearing before the Select Committee on Intelligence and the Subcommittee on Health and Scientific Research of the Committee on Human Resources, United States Senate Ninety-Fifth Congress, First Session, August 3, 1977.
·  CIA MORI ID 17395, p. 18. ESP Research, 1961 and 1962. This is a declassified CIA document. . To verify this statement, use FOIA request as listed at the end of the 10-page summary. You should receive the CDs within a month of your request. Look up the MORI ID number listed.
·  Condon, R. The Manchurian Candidate. New York: Jove Books, 1959/1988.
·  CIA MORI ID 190527, pp. 1, 2. This is a declassified CIA document. To verify this statement, use FOIA request as listed at the end of the 10-page summary. You should receive the CDs within a month of your request. Look up the MORI ID number listed.
·  You can find a dozen examples of this in these footnotes. See footnotes 39, 40, 41, 43, 44, 46, 47, 59, 64, 66, 67, 69.
·  Mark, V.H., & Ervin, F.R. Violence and the Brain. New York: Harper & Row, 1970.
·  Faden, R.R. Final Report. Advisory Committee on Human Radiation Experiments. Washington, DC: US Government Printing Office, 1995.
·  Marks, J. The Search for the Manchurian Candidate. New York: W.W. Norton, 1988.
·  Orne, M.T. The potential uses of hypnosis in interrogation. In A.D. Biderman (Ed.), The Manipulation of Human Behavior (pp. 169-215). New York: John Wiley & Sons, 1961.
·  West, L.J. Dissociative reactions. In A.M. Freedman & H.I. Kaplan (Eds.), Comprehensive Textbook of Psychiatry, pp. 885-889. Baltimore: Williams and Wilkins, 1967.
·  Janet, P. Psychological Healing; A Historical and Clinical Study, London: George Allen and Unwin, 1925.
·  Gillmor, D. I Swear By Apollo. Dr. Ewen Cameron and the CIA-Brainwashing Experiments. Montreal: Eden press, 1987.
·  Scheflin, A.W., & Opton, E.M. The Mind manipulators. New York: Paddington Press, 1978.
·  Thomas, G. Journey into Madness. The Secret Story of Secret CIA Mind Control and Medical Abuse. New York: Bantam, 1989.
·  Weinstein, H. Psychiatry and the CIA: Victims of Mind Control. Washington, DC: American Psychiatric Press, 1990.
·  Collins, A. In the Sleep Room. The Story of CIA Brainwashing Experiments in Canada. Toronto: Lester & Orpen Dennys, 1988.
·  CIA MORI ID 17468. This is a declassified CIA document. To verify this statement, use FOIA request as listed at the end of the 10-page summary. You should receive the CDs within a month of your request. Look up the MORI ID number listed.
·  Other Mental Health Project Grants awarded to Dr. Cameron by the Department of National Health and Welfare were:
· Project #604-5-11, The Effect of Senescence on Resistance to Stress, $195,388, 50-57,
· Project #604-5-13, Research Studies on EEG and Electrophysiology, $60,353, 50-57,
· Project #604-5-14, Support for a Behavioral Laboratory, $17,875, 50-54,
· Project #604-5-76, A Study of the Effect of Nucleic Acid Upon memory Impairment in the Aged, $18,000, 59-63,
· Project #604-5-432, A Study of Factors Which Promote or Retard Personality Change in Individuals Exposed to Prolonged Repetition of Verbal Signals, $57,750, 61-64, see Collins, Anne. In the Sleep room. The Story of CIA Brainwashing in Canada. Ken Porter Books, 1988, pg. 189.
·  Collins, Anne. In the Sleep room. The Story of CIA Brainwashing in Canada. Ken Porter Books, 1988, 258.
·  Cameron, D.E. Production of differential amnesia as a factor in the treatment of schizophrenia. Comprehensive Psychiatry, 1, 26-34, 1960.
·  Cameron, D.E., Levy, L. Rubenstein, L., & Malmo, R.B. Repetition of verbal signals: Behavioral and physiological changes. American Journal of Psychiatry, 115, 985-991, 1959.
·  Cameron, D.E., Lohrenz, J.G., & Handcock, K.A. The depatterning treatment of schizophrenia. Comprehensive Psychiatry, 3, 65-76, 1962.
·  Tyner, Arlene. Mind-Control Part 1: Canadian and US Survivors Seek Justice, PROBE Magazine, March-April, 2000
·  Fisher, S. An Investigation of Alleged Conditioning Phenomena Under Hypnosis. Journal of Clinical Experimental Hypnosis, 1955, 3, pp. 71-103.
·  Rowland, L.W., Will Hypnotized Persons Try to Harm Themselves or Others? Journal of Abnormal Social Psychology, 1939, 34, pp. 114-117.
·  Estabrooks, G.H. Spiritism. New York: E.M Dutton, 1947.
·  Harriman, P.L. The experimental induction of a multiple personality. Psychiatry, 5, 179-186, 1942.
·  Harriman, P.L. The experimental production of some phenomena related to multiple personality. Journal of Abnormal and Social Psychology, 37, 244-255,1942.
·  Estabrooks, G.H. Hypnotism. New York: E.M Dutton, 1943.
·  Estabrooks, G.H. Hypnosis comes of age. Science Digest, April, 1971, 44-50.
·  Okita, G.T., Plotz, E.J., & Davis, M.E. Placental Transfer of Radioactive Digitoxin in Pregnant Women and its Fetal Distribution. Semiannual Reports to the US Atomic Energy Commission, Vol. 1, Parts 1 6, 1954 to 1956.
·  New York Times, Feb. 10, 1995 reported that “about 9,000 Americans including children and newborns were used in 154 human radiation tests” sponsored by the Atomic Energy Commission.
·  Welsome, Eileen. The Plutonium Files, America’s Secret Medical Experiments in the Cold War. New York: Dial Press, 220-221.
·  Church Committee Report, book 1 p. 395, states that one of the three principal functions of the Special Operations Division (SOD) of the US Army Biological Center at Fort Detrick was to conduct “biological research for the CIA.” In early 1952, SOD agreed “to assist CIA in developing, testing, and maintaining biological agents delivery systems. By this agreement, CIA acquired the knowledge, skill, and facilities of the Army to develop biological weapons suited for the CIA’s use.” Church Committee Report, Book 1, p. 389. Many of the early CIA LSD tests were conducted at Fort Detrick.
·  USAINTC Letter to ACSI, DA. Subject: Staff Study: Material Testing Program EA1279, dated 15 October 1959. (Includes a reference to ACSI-SC letter, 27 July 1959, requesting study).
·  Dowling, Kevin. The Olsen File: A Secret that Could Destroy the CIA. Mail On Sunday. 23 August 1998.
·  New York Times, May 17, 1965, front page, ‘Matador’ With a Radio Stops Wired Bull; Modified Behavior in Animals Subject of Brain Study. Access article at http://www.wanttoknow.info/650517nytimes.
·  Delgado, J.M.R. Evaluation of permanent implantation of electrodes within the brain. Electroencephalography and Clinical Neurophysiology, 7, 637-644, 1955.
·  Delgado, J.M.R. Prolonged stimulation of brain in awake monkeys. Journal of Neurophysiology, 22, 458-475, 1959.
·  Delgado, J.M.R. Emotional behavior in animals and humans. Psychiatric Research Reports, 12, 259-266, 1960.
·  Delgado, J.M.R. Social rank and radio-stimulated aggressiveness in monkeys. Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease, 144, 383-390, 1967.
·  Delgado, J.M.R. Physical Control of the Mind. New York: Harper & Row, 1969.
·  Rosvold, H.E., & Delgado, J.M.R. The effect of delayed-alternation test performance of stimulating or destroying electrical structures within the frontal lobes of the monkey’s brain. Journal of Comparative and Physiological Psychology, 49, 365-372, 1956.
·  Kreech, David. Controlling the Mind Controllers. THINK 32, July/August 1966.
·  Delgado, J.M., Mark, V., Sweet, W., Ervin, F., Weiss, G., Bach-Y-Rita, G., & Hagiwara, R. Intracerebral radio stimulation and recording in completely free patients. Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease, 147, 329-340, 1968.
·  Mark, V.H., Ervin, F.R. Violence and the Brain. New York: Harper & Row, 1970.
·  Heath, R.G. Electrical self-stimulation of the brain in man. American Journal of Psychiatry, 120, 571-577, 1963.
·  Heath, R.G. Pleasure and brain activity in man. Deep and surface electroencephalograms during orgasm. Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease, 151, 3-18, 1972.
·  Heath, R.G., John, S.B. & Fontana, C.J. Stereotaxic implantation of electrodes in the human brain: A method for long-term study and treatment. IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, 23, 296-304, 1976.
·  Moan, C.E., & Heath, R.G. Septal stimulation for the initiation of heterosexual activity in a homosexual male. Journal of Behavior Therapy and Experimental Psychiatry, 3, 23-30, 1972.
·  Lilly, John. The Scientist, A Metaphysical Autobiography. Revised 1988. Dr. Lilly was not the only one experimenting with this technique. In 1955, he and Dr. J. Roe, B. Mountcastle, and L. Kurger, Johns Hopkins Medical School; Drs. C. Woolsey and J. Hind, University of Wisconsin; Dr. Karl Pribram, Institute of Living, Hartford Conn.; Dr. Leonard Malis, Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York City experimented on dolphins at Marineland.
·  The USGSC (US Global Strategy Council) has issued a wide variety of papers on the nonlethal weapons concept. For example: “In Search of Nonlethal Strategy,” Janet Morris; “Nonlethality: A Global Strategy – White paper”; “Nonlethality Briefing Supplement No. 1”; and “Nonlethality in Operational Continuum.”
·  Wall Street Journal, Jan. 4, 1993.
·  Morris, Janet. In Search of a Non-lethal Strategy. USGSC (US Global Strategy Council), p. 14.
·  Baldwin, M., Bach, S.A., & Lewis, S.Z. Effects of radio-frequency energy on primate cerebral activity. Neurology, 10, 178-187, 1960. This publication was a result of MKULTRA Subproject 62.
·  An Infrasonic System, US Army Mobility Equipment Research and Development Center, Fort Bellever, VA, 1969. See section on “Effects-Human.” In a forthcoming book, The Future War, John Alexander, one of the supporters, forerunners and founding fathers of the non-lethal weapons concept, tries to legitimize the acquisition and deployment of these destructive weapons.
·  Electronics Today, Dec. 1985.
·  Method and System for Altering Consciousness, Patent 5,123,899, US Patent Office, June 23 1992.
·  Letter from Edward Tilton, Dec. 13, 1996.
·  Microwave US-USSR, Vol VI, July-Dec. 1976 p. 4, Office of Security, US Dept. of State.
·  Mind Reading Computer. Time, July 1, 1974, p. 67. See also Rorvik, David M. As Man Becomes Machine. London: Sphere Books, 1979.
·  Ordering instructions for the declassified mind control documents are at the end of the summary, above these footnotes. We received the CDs less than three weeks after we ordered them.